There has never been a better time to get involved in Young Living. The essential oil market size is estimated to be worth $11.67 billion by 2022.
But there are only so many hours in the day and days in the week to have parties, attend events, and sign up new members. In fact, you’ll limit your own success by trying to follow the same, old-school methods when growing your business.
A Young Living personal website is one of the best ways to introduce more people to the oils you love without the use of Hermoine Granger’s time turner. It can find new customers and process new sales even when you’re sleeping.
You don’t need to be tech-savvy to run your own website. In fact, we’re about to show you just how easy it can be.
How to Boost Sales with a Young Living Personal Website Platform
If you haven’t already, you’ll need to register yourself for a Young Living account. And if you want to earn commission from the sales of members who sign up under your name, you’ll need to start your own wholesale account and sign up to be a Distributor.
What About the Technical Stuff?
The biggest concern new distributors have is dealing with the ins-and-outs of running a website. What does ‘hosting’ mean, anyway? How is it possible to create a unique looking website without coding or design experience?
Well, there’s no need to worry about the technical details if you’re working on a Young Living personal website. Why? Because there are platforms like myOILsite to do all that work for you.
How It Works
Getting started is as easy as entering your account information on the platform.
Once you’re ready, you can personalize your site in a few easy steps.
1. Fill Out the Basics
Before you launch your site, you’ll need to enter your personal details like your YL distributor number, your sponsor distributor number (for new members who sign up on your site), and your name and contact details.
You’ll also want to choose a site theme and logo. Here’s what you need:
- Site Title
- Don’t forget to add your location to boost your local SEO and show up higher on searchers near you.
- Use the Young Living official independent distributor logo or upload your personal Young Living Logo and add it to the top of your homepage.
- Choose the color scheme that best suits the personality of our business. You’ll be able to choose from existing themes or create a custom color.
- Social Media Links
- Add all your Young Living social media profiles to your Young Living personal website to direct customers back to your social with the tap of a button.
- Don’t forget to add a link to your Young Living blog if you already have one.
2. Add Photos, Graphics, Memes, and Videos
Pictures make your Young Living personal website easily recognizable as well as easy and fun to share across the internet.
Simply log into the site and click on the pre-existing images to replace them with your own.
Don’t forget to go back and add a link to other sites or other parts of your own site later on.
3. Add Your Own Text
Adding text is as simple as replacing what’s there. All you need to do is click on the text you want to replace and add your own text to the box.
We recommend typing up the text first in Word, Google Docs, or another program that auto-saves your work. This helps you avoid accidentally losing the text if your session times out or your network connection fails.
If you want to make sure your text is added without typos, consider adding the free extension of Grammarly, which automatically checks your spelling, word usage, and grammar.
Keeping your page free from errors will impress new members or potential buyers. It will also help with SEO because it will prevent silly mistakes or misplaced words that might prevent Google from recognizing your page.
4. Add Additional Pages
The great thing about these customizable Young Living personal websites is that you’re not stuck with the same three pages everyone else has. You’re able to make your site as large or as small as you please.
The key to adding additional pages is to figure out how many pages your average visitor will need. In other words, how many pages are required to display all the information they want and need?
At the minimum, your site should have the following pages:
- About Me
- Use this page to tell the story of your Young Living consultant business, how you found essential oils or even your personal story.
- Oil Guide
- Create a dedicated page to describing the oils you have available, their uses, and their benefits.
- How to Get Started
- Use this page to drive action. Add a link to buy (everything is directed to your Young Living number) or encourage new members to sign up underneath you.
- If you’re going to run a blog, and we suggest you do, then add a distinct page for it.
- Blogs are ideal for internal linking and SEO, which we’ll explain below.
- Running parties or visiting a tradeshow? Create a full calendar and an opportunity to book.
Use Internal Links for Navigation and SEO
One of the benefits of having so many pages is that you’re able to do what is called “internal linking“.
Internal links connect the pages of your website by adding a hyperlink from one page to another page either in the text or in pictures. It allows your visitors to go directly where they want to go when they read text that inspires them.
But it also provides an image of authority to search engines, which boosts your ranking on Google and Bing.
Both of these can take your sales to the next level.
Are You Ready to Begin Your Young Living Journey?
Whether you’re brand new to Young Living or you’re an established distributor, a Young Living personal website can take your sales to the next level.
Whether you’ve got technical experience or you’re still mastering the art of texting, these websites are easy to set up and maintain while still holding plenty of personality to attract customers.
Ready to see more? Visit our demo site to discover the possibilities.